Casting is one of the most efficient ways to produce new metal components, and sand casting is a broad variant that relies on sand to produce the mold that’s eventually filled with liquid metal. Among sand casting variants, the most popular is green sand casting, which relies on a specific blend of sand and clay before it’s set.
But there’s another method that’s gaining popularity due to its efficiency and potential applications: no bake sand casting. And if you want to find a contractor who can use this method for your next project, there’s no better place to look than Ohio.
What Is No Bake Sand Casting?
Let’s start with a basic description of what no bake sand casting is. In this process, sand is blended together with a binder and catalyst, which is then molded around the tooling and cope. After a period of time, the sand mixture solidifies, and engineers can then draw the tooling. Sometimes, a layer of refractory coating is added to the mold.
No bake sand casting is advantageous for several reasons:
- High dimensional tolerances. The stiffness of the mold can withstand the pressure from the molten metal, granting high dimensional tolerances.
- High compatibility. Most pattern materials can be used here, including wood, plastic, Styrofoam, and fiberglass, in addition to metal.
- Precision surface finishes. Mold and core coatings can make your finish even finer.
- Design flexibility. There’s a wide variety of potential shapes here, thanks to the tensile strength of no bake molds.
The only downside is that it has a low- to medium-volume production capability.
Why Should You Hire No Bake Sand Casting Contractors in Ohio?
So why, specifically, should you hire your sand casting contractors in Ohio?
- Availability. Ohio is still home to many industrial facilities, so you’ll have your pick of skilled contractors who can handle this work.
- History. Ohio has a long history of metal casting and similar forms of production. Accordingly, the contractors in this area tend to have decades of experience, which translates to higher quality products and more reliable service.
- Cost. The Midwest tends to be less expensive than production companies on the coasts, due to lower overall prices in this area.
- Local support. If you live in Ohio, it’s in your best interest to find a no bake sand casting contractor in Ohio. You’ll be supporting your local economy, and therefore, your local community, keeping more money in Ohio.
- Care. Ohio contractors have their share of Midwestern hospitality. When you work with an Ohio contractor, you can be sure your project will be handled by someone who truly cares about the final integrity of your project.
If you’re interested in learning more about the no bake sand casting process, or if you’re ready to get quotes from experienced Ohio contractors, contact us today. We’ll guide you through the process and get you set up with a quote in less than 24 hours.